Stereo Quad Discrete Compressor
- Stereo VCA Kompressor mit 4 Stk. 1979 VCA
- Weiterentwicklung des VSC-2
- True Mono und True Stereo
- Stereo Mode Channel A ist Master
- Kein Phasendrift zwischen beiden Kanälen
- Mastering-grade Signalweg
- Ratio von Soft Knee bis Brickwall
- Eigens hergestellte 1979 VCA in Keramik gegossen
- 10 Attack- und 10 Release-Zeiten wählbar
- Slow und Fast Audio Release Modes
- Side Chain High Pass Filter bei 60 oder 90 Hz
- 20 Segment Gain Reduction Meters, 0.25 - 20dB
- Ultimative Soundqualität, extrem tiefes Rauschen
- Cinemag Input Transformator
- State of the Art That 1646 Line Out Driver
ONE FOR ALL!
The VSC-3 is the legal successor of the VSC-2, which now is a modern classic and can be found in many top class studios around the world.
Vertigo Sound spent a lot of effort making a good product even better. The VSC-3 can do all the tricks the VSC-2 is known and loved for plus a bunch of new features and options.
The VSC-3 is still named QUAD DISCRETE COMPRESSOR because it`s topology stays the same.
It is so named, because it uses 4 VCAs built using only discrete components. It’s design is a nod toward the best VCA based compressors of the 70s and 80s.
The Vertigo VCA is in fact named 1979. Some of the best features of these classic Compressors have been complimented in the VSC.
This classic based topology is combined with a modern mastering grade signal path. Some unique and innovative features lie beneath the bonnet, such as the ratio which increases with level in ‘Soft’ mode.
THE DISCRETE VCA 1979
99% of all newer designs use an I-ntegrated C-ircuit for this job which makes production easy and cost extensive. Here‘s the big difference!
The Vertigo Sound 1979 is a fully discrete V-oltage C-ontrolled A-mplifier. This VCA colours the signal the more you compress and „Make Up“ the output. This basic effect plus a very well thought out circuitry and choice of components gives you a fresh, punchy precise sound without sounding dull or nasty even if the unit is pushed hard.
THE CONCEPT OF THE VSC-3
The Quad Discrete Compressor uses four discrete 1979 VCAs in it’s two channels. Each channel has one VCA in the Audio Path and another in the sidechain. In Stereo SC Mode both sidechains are fully active; they are not summed together. The higher signal peak on either channel results in equal compression of both.
In Stereo SC Mode the VSC-2 reacts even to out of phase signal peaks without image shift. This is a unique innovation, far removed from simple Stereo Linking. The precision of this technique makes the Vertigo ideally suited for Mastering and Mix Bus compression. The Mono SC Mode is the exact opposite and is primarly designed to work in combination with RMS or for effect compression.With Dual Mode each channel has entirely separate controls and metering.
Crosstallk is less than minus 100dB, like two separate units!